In Attack of the Clones, Padmé goes into hiding on Naboo after an assassination attempt on her life while casting her vote in the Galactic Senate. Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker is assigned to protect her, and the two struggle to maintain a platonic relationship despite their obvious mutual attraction. Not well-suited for sitting out the action, they both run off to Geonosis in a failed attempt to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi. This misadventure results in them all being captured and sentenced to death; Padmé and Akakin admit their feelings to each other before a last-minute rescue.
Unlike Leia, whom I love, I find it hard to relate to Padmé or any of the prequel Star Wars characters, however the costumer in me can't ignore how amazing the design work on Padmé's wardrobe was. I found some of her royal costumes to be way over-the-top, however I loved the relatively simplistic and elegant costumes in the second film. The Lake Gown especially stood out for being ethereal and a fun warm-weather costume to wear, so I started out by reviewing all the tutorials and reference images for this dress on The Padawan's Guide. The final product is an amalgamation of all three tutorials; the under dress is a basic A-line design made from ivory silk and gradient dyed yellow to pink to purple with Rit dye, a tub, and a lot of patience. The same fabric is used to make two arm warmers on each forearm. I then draped organza, using myself as a model, until I liked the shape of it, but basically it is two cone-shaped panels in the front and two rectangular shaped ones in the back. The organza separates in the front and is only held together at the bottom with a rubber band. The top of each panel is attached to the collar and gathers in a seam down the forearm, on the arm warmer. In the back, the two short edges are seamed on the arms like in the front, and the long edges are pinned up in two places on the back. The top hem is edged in satin ribbon. Once I liked the cut, the edges were serged and gradient dyed to match the dress. The neck, arm, and front armor accents are made from craft foam covered with Wonderflex and painted. The wig is still a work-in-progress, but I stuffed a nylon stocking with quilting batting and wrapped the hair extensions around that. I then attached it underneath the hair of the base wig and curled it under in the "seashell" shape. I then tucked extra strands from the base wig around the attachment once it was on.